Thursday 16 March 2017

OUGD406: Creating final idea

Taking photographs for front and back cover:
I tried to ensure that the both images followed the same layout, using a simple rectangle centred with the objects filling the parameter. i kept the shots a clean as possible ensuring full attention of the items. 


Front cover (left): 
General teen appearance items- hair comb/ razor/ red socks/ pen/pencil/rubber/sharpener

Back cover (right):
more personal and secretive items- spot cream/dog food/ money/ poems ti the BBC/ pandora letters








The title:
The title is in the style as if Adrain has doodled his name in bubble writing. much like me and lots of young teens did. I feel this creates an authentic look as well as contrasting well with the clean photography. I have also added colour creating a more child friendly aesthetic that would hopefully capture the target markets eye.





Blurb:
With the blurb I have attempted to write in young teenagers handwriting. This works well as the blurb is a section of the book showing a diary entry, fitting in with the handwriting style as if he has written it. Once again I think this contrasts well with the photography.



Putting it all together:



I feel the different aspects of the design marry well together. I feel the design communicates the story well, giving the viewer a quick insight into the world of Adrian mole and hopefully draws them into wanting too find out more about him. I think the contrast between handwritten text and back ground images is strong. I have use Futura as my font for the authors name and quotes that penguin wanted included on the cover. I feel this font works well and much like the images is clean and very legible, pairing nicely with the variation of handwritten text. 







No comments:

Post a Comment