Thursday 16 March 2017

OUGD406: Evaluation and crit feedback

Crit feedback:



Evaluation:

The concept of this idea is to show Adrian’s normal struggles and lifestyle of a teenage boy through objects related to his story and lifestyle. On the back cover is his more personal items and related objects. I was playing on the idea of his almost hidden imaginary and ambitious mind contrasting with the normal look he lets the outside world see. The feedback on the concept of my idea was very good, peers seemed to like the simple gridded layout and use of photography. This made the piece more contemporary, appealing more to the teenage audience of this generation.  With the titles and blurb, I hand wrote to give the impression of Adrians writing. I paired this with a clean future font for the authors name and the quotes. I felt his was successful but the feedback from my crit was god although I needed to consider the composition of the text in terms of the back cover. My design should appeal to a more contemporary readership due to the use of photography, making the book feel as if its for a slightly older target market. I have done this purposely as I feel the young teenagers of today grow up a lot faster than they did in 1980’s. Therefore, a more modern sleek look would hopefully edge my target towards this cover. Not only this but using photography brings the book into the modern day, through use of technology, something which the majority of teens can relate to.







No comments:

Post a Comment