Saturday 13 May 2017

OUGD404: Initial colour booklet design



In this booklet I looked into colour and the important role it plays in graphic deign.  I identified colour patterns in my everyday surroundings and took a picture of a street scene that appealled to me due to the colour. I created a swatch of this scene. Im combined and experiment with different colours. Marrying them together, to see how they worked with each other and the mood they create. 

With this initial design I tried to approach the booklet with a minimalistic style. The first section focusing on just imagery and my street scene swatch. In the second half focusing more information about Josef Alber and colour. I felt that the first section was successful, filling the clean minimalistic role I wanted. the second section was a bit all over the place and a couple of the pages looking back were very poor and not thought out. This initial front and back cover I feel lets down the booklet quite a lot. I have attempted to use use simple shapes and colour from my street scene to aid this. Although I don’t think it looks terrible I didn’t think hard enough about the front and back cover and the impact they have on making people want to pick them up.




No comments:

Post a Comment