Wednesday 17 May 2017

OUGD406: Substrate Group: Initial ideas


Wayfinding was my given area to work on within my group. With my initial designs I looked using using the corners of our logo and angling them so that they act as an arrow. I ended up repeating these corner arrows and then changing the colours to cmyk. Each of the colours are meant to represent a different category within the exhibition. Using different coloured arrows to get you to different parts of the exhibition should work well. I experimented with the angle of these arrows as well and there layout, proportion and whether they had a full arrow or just part. 







With this initial logo ideas, I was focusing on using circles and cmyk in my designs. These were only a rough couple of designs to get me thinking about the project. I looked at splitting the colour up and layering linking to the group name substrate. I also designed up some posters. I felt these were a lot stronger than my initial ideas for logos. Once again I was focusing on the concept of circles and layering.






No comments:

Post a Comment