Saturday 13 May 2017

OUGD404: developed colour booklet



This is my final outcome for my colour booklet. I have tried to pull back or the unnecessary parts of the initial design so it a simple and functional as possible. The key things I changed from the original design are the type throughout and layout on some pages. I decided to use Circular Std as my main title font. Using a black fill and altering the kerning to -130. I have done this to tighten up the type and make all the letterforms touch as if they are all connected. Although all letters are touching I have ensured the type is very legible. I have done this as I think it balances the front and back cover making the type very central and compact and gives a stylised modern aesthetic. To contrast with this I have used Letter Gothic Std for paragraphs of text. This typewriter style font is clear and the light stroke works well paired with the bold titles. 

I feel after making these changes and changing some imagery this has made the design a lot better. I hope it catches a person’s eye and serves its purpose of being a nice small flick through book that informs the reader about the importance of colour and the relationships they colour share with one and other.










No comments:

Post a Comment