Wednesday 17 May 2017

OUGD406: Substrate Group: Developing ideas


Moving forward with my wayfinding I wanted to experiment with how I could push the categories within our exhibition proposal. I envisaged some kind of signage above the different categories, using colour coordination and a more general sign guiding people towards the exhibition using all cmyk in. I felt that these designs were really strong and would have worked consistently with the exhibition guiding people directly to it and being clear on arrival what work is under what category. Unfortunately, my group didn’t agree with me and felt it could be more suited to the style of the rest of out work to leave it very minimalistic.

 


This made me bring my ideas back to the start and go back to focusing on using the corners of our logo like a frame to direct people. I played around with this and incorporated the category names as well as size and shape manipulation of the arrow shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment