Wednesday 17 May 2017

OUGD406: Screen print developing ideas


Originally I was very keep on perusing the idea of creating a new category for volggers. With this idea I created a variation of ways this could be done. 



The first idea for this concept was using a typical vloggers arm position with a camera. To create this, I took a picture of my camera pointing to my self and used illustrator to create a vector drawing. I then used the lens of the camera as the letter o in everyone. This idea is pushing the idea that film can be anyone and everyone can create.



The second and third idea for this concept was to promote how much work independent vloggers do. Unlike a big budget movie these people film edit and share all them selves, and normally in the space of one day. I have used type and block colour to show this idea. I wanted the designs to be bold and stand out. 

Although I was passionate about the vlogg category idea. After discussing the ideas to my peers in a crit and discussion with my tutor, it didn’t fit the brief and swerved to much in its own direction of being a new idea for an event not an existing one.


This idea takes slithers of movie scenes or posters from nominated or winners of this years and previous LIFF awards. I have then mashed these together and blocked out the LIFF running down the centre of the design. I have also added the 3 colour effect meaning it would be lot easier to screen print. Although I like this design I feel it is not original enough and the design aspect has not pushed my design skills.

 



I needed to push another idea. I decided to continue with the concept of film taking you to new worlds. I would create a hybrid of a video camera and a spaceship to represent this. I used imagery of a normal video camera and my imagination on illustrator to create a vector drawing of this. I feel this was very successful and created an aesthetic that could create a fun intriguing poster.






No comments:

Post a Comment