Wednesday 17 May 2017

OUGD406: Screen print evaluation


I feel the project as a whole was successful. I liked my final design and feel it was hit my rationale targets. I also experimented using a new medium, screen printing. I found this very enjoyable and something that I will definitely being doing more of. I feel the concept I ended up going with was simple and strong, something which I feel the majority of the target audience would relate to. I would have liked to have spent more time revisiting the original design of the spaceship, but with and changing my idea half way through I didn’t have time. I felt the colour I used was appropriate and eye catching. The technique of layering the line on top of the silhouette like toormix do, I think worked really well. I found the screen printing process very fun but time consuming and something that I underestimated. I felt I could have done a couple more sets of prints and I would have got one that was perfect. This project has defiantly encouraged to use my resources in the printing room a lot more. I feel it’s a skill I will develop with practise over the coming years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment