Sunday 14 May 2017

OUGD406: Screen Print Research


initial thoughts and research into LIFF:

I was inspired to choose the Leeds international film festival as I went to the short film category last year. I was also handed a poster during the first couple of weeks in Leeds for the festival. I have always been interested in film and been a big film watcher. I found the event very inspiring and something I want more young newcomers to the city to attend.




The Leeds international film festival has been running for over 30years, 2017 marking the 31st LIFF. The worlds first moving images were shot in Leeds in 1888 by Louis le Prince. The festival is world renound and last year there were over 300 events in a record 30 venues across the city. The festival is a massive celebration of a range of types of film. from big budget blockbuster to independent British film. 

              




I was also inspired to choose the event due to the previous posters. Especially looking at the posters for last years’ event, which are quite surreal and psychedelic. This enforced that a could really have fun and create something that I think would make as many want to attend as possible. Screen printing is the process I will use. I am familiar with after completing an induction workshop. Although I can remember the process I need to be reminded and go over the different stages to ensure I come out with the best options. 





No comments:

Post a Comment