Sunday 29 April 2018

Collaboration project: OUGD506 - final outcome


Researching and gaining knowledge of key aspects to create Scandinavian style design helped me hugely in this project. I feel the overall aesthetic of my outcome immediately draws links with Scandinavian design. This project through the contextual and practical practise has reinforced my connection with this type of design, inspiring me to carry on working with a Scandinavian ethos. I feel the communication with the designers in the magazine worked well. The project wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for the designer’s willingness to collaborate in the first place. I hope that I showed their work in the best way possible. I thoroughly enjoyed this project. I wanted the enhance my skills with editorial design and layout. I feel the magazine will keep the audience intrigued and surprised, through changing the layout throughout. I also feel that by not just focusing on one sense my magazine is more dynamic that most out there, allowing for the consumer to listen to designers and make more personal connection with their work. I feel I created a strong bind using the kettle stitch although I did find attaching the final cover quite tricky and the side didn’t stick quite as well as I thought. This was due to the kettle stitch creating bumps meaning the double sided tape found it hard to stick. Apart from this and my troubles with the not being able to print the zine like a newspaper, the project was successful, and the final outcome I feel looks professional.














No comments:

Post a Comment