Thursday 19 April 2018

OUGD505: Ethical Project: Developing ideas


Developing:

During this point at the project I felt it was time to have crit and get some feedback of what direction to take the project in. from this crit the main piece of advice that I pulled from it was to flip the project round and instead of changing packaging for unhealthy snacks, the idea is to make healthy snacks appeal more to kids. I hadn’t of even thought about this and agreed. 


I felt this would be a more realistic and less drastic approach to making kids and teens eat healthier. Once again again I went back to researching. Looking at a range of brands which have successfully created snacks that healthy which also appeal to kids. I chose to look at products like yoyo bears, proper corn and innocent. I have had first hand experience in retail working in a café, watching these products have a massive appeal to kids, just as much as getting a piece of cake or unhealthier option. This is due to their branding, with a clever use of bright colour, with a fun playful approach to the design.






In particular, I noticed use of characters and imagery that appeals to kids, much like successful unhealthy snacks brands like Frosties, McDonalds and M&Ms. After doing this, I wanted to find a couple of products that are healthy alternative snack options with bad branding that didn’t appeal to kids.




I chose rebrand 'Trek' and 'Kind' bars. these are both very healthy snack bars. i chose to use these as i feel they are a realistic option to still appeal to the children's market. I used a range of methods to come up with fun and playful ideas. I tried to create aesthetics that look trendy whilst not shying away from being a bit cheesy. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment