Sunday 22 April 2018

OUGD505: Music Genre: initial ideas





I felt that creating a poster would be most realistic. I knew that I wanted to focus on celebrating the genre and not saying something to serious. I love the music so felt it was only suitable to share and commend the genre. Felt creating something linked to Hitsville would be appropriate. it was the centre and start of the genre. This made me start thinking about how timeless and how it will be never stop being some of the best music created. This directed me in creating a poster commenting on this. I would put Hitsville in the context of future Detroit showing through quite literally it not changing and always staying a classic, just like the music.






I also created a range of pattern designs. I felt that fashion was such a big part of the era, and the vibrant and fun patterns was something that I could try to incorporate within my design somehow.I think motown being so influential in pop culture drew me toward sketching fashion patterns.  I tried to create unique patterns through abstract swirly drawings, overlapping shapes and repetitive patterns. 






No comments:

Post a Comment