Sunday 22 April 2018

OUGD505: Music Genre: production/ final outcome & evaluation





This is a one off poster and with the aim to celebrate 60 years of Motown. Its aim is to increase people’s awareness how impactful the genre was on pop culture.Looking at the final outcome I am very happy with the result. I feel the piece encapsulates the 60’s with the fun pattern design and celebrates Motown through the illustrated house and Detroit vector illustrations. I like how I haven’t obviously told the audience what the piece about, but with some knowledge they might be able to guess. I think the use of colour is fluent and variation of 1 colour type works really well. When deciding to use this style I expected it to be a lot easier to accomplish, but soon found out it was just made to look easy. This was a new way of creating design for me and I enjoyed it, as well liking the  aesthetic. If I could do the project again, I would try to be more hands on and make something more 3d. Saying this for my project a poster was the suitable outcome. Although the design does look a bit cheesy i feel this fits the 60's and motown aesthetic.





No comments:

Post a Comment