Sunday 22 April 2018

OUGD505: Ethical Project: Production/ Final outcome & evaluation


Production & Final outcome:

Unfortunately, I didn’t have the facilities to be able to print of the type of plastic used for snack bar packaging. This is normally made out of very thin plastic sheets which are normally created and cut out on industrial size machines. I was still able to to choose from a large selections of papers. I printed the bar nets out on Digigreen silk. This silk like paper has a lovely soft matte finish. As well as looking professional the material is also water proof. Obviously this material would not be suitable to print out on mass due to costing. Saying that I feel it shows the design in their best light. I created simple nets for the bars, using scissors to slightly snip the sides so they could be tucked in and stuck down using double sided tape. I used the highest quality printer to ensure the outcome looked as professional as possible. Using a better printer also ensured that the colours were accurate and would pop as well as making sure the block colour came out clean and not patchy. 














Overall I am pleased with the final outcome of the project. The bars have come out with a high quality print. Once folded and put together I feel they look professional and like something you might see in store. I feel I accomplished the aim of the project. If this were to launch as real rebrands, I would hope that they would be a success and would appeal more to a kids market, pushing healthier snacks that are well branded. I feel on the bigger scale of things, a topic such as obesity is such a big problem that it takes a huge amount of people to make a drastic change. If I could do the project again, I might think more about other options of branding such as advertising and creating a moving image piece. i would also consider producing boxes for multi packs of the bars, this could have worked well, as parents tend to buy these for children's lunches. To conclude i feel i have learnt a lot about packaging, something which was new for me this project. This project has helped me understand how brands  and designs change when put onto 3d objects. I have enjoyed this area of graphics and definitely feel more able and ready to approach different packaging projects.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment