Thursday 19 April 2018

OUGD505:Ethical Poject: Initial ideas


Ideas:
After researching I had a much better understanding of knowledge about the issue. I already had begun to think about ways in which I could make an impact through packaging. My initial ideas where as follows; a smoking ban style packaging on unhealthy snacks, education on obesity through packaging, using a clinical approach to packaging snacks, regulations on packaging, using a posh healthy style approach on unhealthy products to change to target market.  These then lead me onto researching into each idea looking at good current examples for each. I took 4 of these ways of packaging forward. The smoking ban style: much like cigarettes I used the ‘ugliest colour in the world’ matched with obesity related imagery and stats to scare off the consumer.  An emphasis on highlighting what’s in the snacks: focusing on the exact amount of ingredients and conveying that through the packaging. Medical style packaging: making the packaging look clinical as if the product were healthy, therefore putting off the young kids and teens. Using a trendy style like with expensive healthy food: once again this would aim to not appeal to kids. For each of these ideas I then went on to create a range of mock ups giving me a more realistic idea of what the different styles would look like. To run by side, the restricted/ smoking ban style I attempted making a variation of posters introducing the new packaging regulations/ restrictions.























with these set of posters my aim was to be simple and clear. To aid this i created a short video using simply black and white and only type. i used a fast pace music with the creating a simple message to tackle obesity. I felt this worked well but didn't feel this concept had much left in the tank.



play on my vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/265989080

No comments:

Post a Comment