Friday 10 February 2017

OUGD405: studio brief 1 - evaluation

To evaluate I feel I had a good concept and my pictograms were well suited to audience and the exhibition my system was for. The study tasks I completed helped inform me well on my object, allowing me to understand its origins and functionality. I feel some of my typography in the directional signage could have been better, I feel I should have also of seen the effect with using real fonts not just free hand. Something which I wish I made more time for would have been to experiment with trying to create a stencil and apply it to a wall using white paint. I felt this was to much of a challenge, due to the shear scale I wanted my directional marks to be. Although I could have attempted this with the route icon, I just didn’t manage to get round to it. I felt that discovering and getting to know black letter really aided me in this project. It brought to the forefront the importance and success simple mark making can create. I also would have liked to invest more time in researching into Leeds systems, as I feel on reflecting that I could have found more interesting hidden wayfinding systems I Leeds if it searched a bit harder. I feel that the connection between black letter and street art became stronger the further into the project I went into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment