Friday 10 February 2017

OUGD405: studio brief 2 - evaluation


I found this second project a lot more successful. I feel this was due to it being much shorter, allowing me to really get stuck in over a short amount of time. I feel my chosen concept worked well. I hadn’t designed an app before challenging myself to try something new. I feel all my ideas had potential but I feel I chose the right one with the amount of time I had. The use of simple clear icons and layout fitted with my objects functional ethos. The use of only simple shapes and marks supported this linked in with the Swiss style of graphic design. Although I feel the black and white approach to my designs worked, it would have been interesting to see the effect of colour. I feel that experimenting with tasks like drawing with spreadsheets pushed and sparked my idea. I found this approach to working with programmes you wouldn’t expect really enjoyable and surprisingly effective. A part of the project which I would have liked to have spent a lot more time on was the loading screen. I feel this had the potential to be made into some kind of gif incorporating animation into the project. Moving image is an area that really excites me and something that I aim to do more in the next project. I would have also liked to of got some feedback from the general public, to see if the app appeals to my target market.

No comments:

Post a Comment