Tuesday 7 February 2017

OUGD405: studio brief 2 - final outcome

For my final outcome I have used the icons I created and put together a mock up superimposed imagery of what I envisage my app to be like.They are all quite similar. I chose the marks that were most appropriate in directing the public. I feel theses symbols do sit well with my target audience and should automatically give the impression or link to street art. Hopefully by just seeing a direction sign this should entice some young new comers to experience the route. The feed back I got from peers was good, they felt some of signs were more successful than others. I think this was due the text and it working differently within different marks. Although on the whole, I do feel the text is very helpful. I feel its aesthetics worked with the directional marks as I incorporated the words as if they are part of the shape. Due to how big the scale of the signage would have to be I didn’t manage to attempt applying the design to a big wall. Instead using illustrator to mock up what the system could look like in line drawings. The directional signs would be done using white spray paint in a stencil style, once again linking with my street art theme. I would hope that these big directions are a piece of their own.








No comments:

Post a Comment