Monday 6 February 2017

OUGD405: studio brief 1- study task 3 - Subjective Symbols of Objective Things

I was tasked with using subjective mark making, using blackletter to create pictogram symbols. I used a range of mark making skills using broad nib pens and thick brushes with black paint and ink. I found approaching it from the opposite direction successful and easier trying to create imagery that I know the basis of. I found that especially with my large ink mark making, it was very impactful and a part of my research tasks that worked well. I felt this task directly connected to my project as I feel the variations of stroke line shape connects to street art. The black letter style has allowed me see how subjective marks can be used with clarity to communicate with the viewer.

Large A1 mark making with black ink and large pallet knife:







Small A4 mark making with black paint and brushes:









Using large mark making for arrow pictograms:







Using black letter marks on illustrator:



No comments:

Post a Comment