Tuesday 7 February 2017

OUGD405: studio brief 2 - Object initial ideas/ rational

We were asked after investigating our object to collate our research and investigations into an appropriate printed format. To do this I started of by generating some ideas of how i can communicate what i have learnt about my object.
rational: 
My idea with this brief was to create an app allowing you to access all you digital tools, on your phone with ease. As well as providing an optional service which the consumer pays for, where there are a lot more tools available to create your own digital Swiss army knife. I feel that Swiss army knife being such an iconic product should elevate itself to all platforms including digital. I feel there is a gap in the market for this as I have seen apps that are similar but none in which you create your tool kit adjusted specifically for that consumer.
My design must enhance the characters of an original Swiss army knife, being functional, quick and easy to use. I want the access of tools to be as quick to access as possible. I need to ensure doing this by creating simple easy icons.
This app would be aimed at a large audience, in particular in would be aimed at practical, hands on people. The age range I would expect this work for would be between 15- 60. I think by being able to customise your own with different functions in comparison to the free version it will engage the audience. I will produce printed pitch style boards as if trying to sell the app to big cop operations.




1st idea:



Magazine cover image collage from my photos:



Magazine cover mock up:




2nd idea:





Icons for app created in excel:











Mock up of app screens:


 

3rd idea:


Illustrator vector drawing of design:



Billboard poster mock up advertising product:







No comments:

Post a Comment