Monday 6 February 2017

OUGD405: studio brief 1- My wayfinding system - developing idea


Plotting route:




Directing public from one point to the next:


My initial wayfinding idea to guide the public through my  street exhibition was to use directional black letter style marking along the route pointing you in the right direction. To make this more exciting and challenging I wanted to incorporate sketches of the architecture along the route, within my directional marks. 


Creating directional black letter style patterns:


 


Using illustrator to create directional patterns:





Google earth, birds eye perspective of architecture along route:




Observational sketches of route for inside directional super graphic patters:












Mixing the directional patters with sketches:






Although I like the concept of this idea i feel it doesn't aesthetically live up to what i expected. After my peers in crit said the same thing i feel i need to scrap trying to combine the sketches and patters. Instead i'm going to try and use just the patterns and think about encorperating type into the designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment